Welcome to the Diageo world of exciting possibilities, a world of celebrating life every day, everywhere.
With over 28,000 talented people and a presence in 180 countries, Diageo is a truly global organization. Across our 21 markets, our brand portfolio represents our biggest strength and our biggest passion. Be it our global giants, local stars, or reserve brands we use our vision, creativity, and courage to drive the growth of our products worldwide. We invent strong brands for today and for the future; upholding the quality of our products and taking personal accountability for both the history and the future of our brands.
We have more than 6,500 people working with Diageo in Africa: our African businesses account for over 20% of Diageo’s workforce worldwide. In all that we do, we seek to bring out the best of our Diageo values and release the ‘spirit of joy & community which is alive across the African continent. In Africa, we create wealth both directly through our operations and indirectly through our broader value chains where we support development and growth in partnership with businesses and communities. We source over 60% of agricultural and packaging materials locally, and we work with more than 45,000 local farmers for our agricultural inputs. Thirteen of our production sites in Africa are in water-stressed areas; so much of our focus is on managing water use in our operations effectively and reducing water poverty in surrounding communities through our pan-African Water of Life program. Since its launch in 2006, we have brought safe drinking water to around 10 million people.
Where there is less water stress we have implemented our global program‘ Learning for Life’ which provides life skills and opportunities for individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds to take the first step into formal employment.
We are committed to our vision of being ‘the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer goods company in South Africa”. The newly-created Diageo organization in South Africa is built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of the drinks industry. To be a part of Diageo is to be a part of history – and to have the unrivaled opportunity to make your own mark in history.
Are you ready to join us on our journey to create history in South Africa and beyond?
This specific role of Forklift driver for the Inbound Warehouse activity function is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations within the Inbound warehouse by ensuring good quality materials is received into the warehouse timely and efficiently. All movement of stock is done in a safe and responsible manner
Diageo SA operates in a complex, ever-changing, and extremely exciting market environment. Diageo SA has emerged as the leading spirits business in South Africa facing competition from long-established competitors such as Distell and aggressive emerging players such as Pernod Ricard SA and The Really Great Brands Company (RGBC).
The liquor market in South Africa operates through multiple customer channels and routes to market. This is in order to effectively serve consumers across an extremely diverse range of socio-economic circumstances, cultural affiliations, and geographical ranges.
Our extensive spirits brand portfolio services consumers across our diverse nation and we must continuously strive to keep up with the fast-changing market trends and challenges inherent in that
Is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient operations within the Inbound warehouse by ensuring good quality materials are received into the warehouse timely and efficiently.
All movement of stock is done in a safe and responsible manner
- Ensure efficient offloading and receiving of any items as may be requested.
- Ensure efficient and timely put away of stock and ensure proper stacking inside the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure timely packaging line feed and line clearance to ensure continuity and limit downtime.
- Keep area clear as per set Health and safety regulations. Ensure waste is moved to a designated area.
- Inspect forklift condition before use and after use and do necessary reporting.
- Always maintain the forklift hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ensure forklift movement within the year is safely done.
- Record in the register of any incidents & accidents in the warehouse/yard and report to line management
- Always observe safe work practices while on site including having relevant PPEs
- Any other duties as directed by the supervisor from time to time.
- Ensure forklifts are used appropriately for the right purposes only
- Support during the daily cycle and wall-to-wall stock count operations/processes.
- Apply rotation stickers to pallets to ensure FIFO is carried out when feeding lines.
- Provide General workers with pallets, divider boards, cartons, glass, and trays ex bottling for stacking.
- Carry out first check on raw materials upon receipt ex supplier – count items, and check condition – record officially (name of the truck, supplier, description, number of pallets, time in, time out, remarks).
- In possession of a valid Forklift driver’s license
- Functional experience in inventory movements
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- computer literacy (SAP an advantage) – an advantage
- Good numeric skill set and high-level data accuracy.
- Self-drive and execution mind-set
- Failure to renew the license annually
- Flexibility to suit varying circumstances & ability to solve problems
- Team player