Amazon is always scouting the talent market to acquire high-performing employees for future positions as part of our mission to become the world’s most customer-centric company! To accomplish this, we’re sourcing for a talent pool of Customer Service Associates with customer service experience.
Please keep in mind that by submitting your information, you are signaling your interest in a potential, future career opportunity with Amazon and that this is not an active position.
When an appropriate opportunity becomes available, one of our recruiters will contact you to initiate the formal recruitment process.
Please keep in mind that this is a Work from Home / Virtual Customer Service (VCS) position, and you may live anywhere in South Africa as long as you have a fiber internet line at your home residence.
What we are Looking for:
Amazon is seeking customer-focused, values-driven, passionate, articulate, detail-oriented, and disciplined candidates who are interested in working full-time in a virtual (work from home) environment and contributing to world-class customer service (40 hours per week as per scheduled shifts). Amazon Customer Service Associates are a critical component of our mission to provide all Amazon customers with prompt, accurate, and professional customer service.
The Role at a Glance:
This vital position requires a self-disciplined, self-motivated, action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk retail customers (mostly from the USA or Europe) in resolving all customer-facing queries and problems such as account and billing queries and tracking their retail orders. An associate will receive continuous/back-to-back contacts throughout their shift from customers via phone, email, and chat to support call center service levels, so a suitable home office with uninterrupted fast and reliable internet connectivity and a quiet secure work area is required. Associates will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and processes, and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced ever-changing environment.
Type of Role: Seasonal/Contract Role (Approximately 3 months)
We operate in a 24/7 environment supporting the North America and UK markets. Most of our shifts are overnight and the shift assigned to you will require that you work over weekends and public holidays. You must be able to work overnight in this role.
An example of a typical shift is Tuesday to Saturday, 8pm to 5am. For this reason, the roles are not open to students as we cannot guarantee the ability to provide you with specific days or times off to attend lectures and write exams.
- We require candidates to have completed an NQF Level 4 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or higher. An overall minimum of 50% is required, as well as a minimum of 50% in English first language or 60% in English second language.
- Citizenship/Permanent Residency in South Africa.
- 1+ years experience in a Customer service role.
- Must be able to work overnight shifts, including weekends, and public holidays.
- Intermediate computer knowledge (speed, accuracy, and navigation).
- Ability to navigate the Internet, email, and chat with customers via web chat tools.
- To work from home, you must have an existing uncapped or fiber optic internet line with a minimum download speed of 10Mbps and upload speed of 5Mbps (ADSL/LTE/Airfiber/WIFI connections are not eligible for this position). Please upload proof of fiber account for verification clearly indicating your physical address. Applicants with no proof of a fiber account, will be rejected. (Please make sure it is an Invoice and not a statement). Amazon will reimburse your internet expense up to a stipulated amount.
- A quiet secure home office environment where you can work separately away from any other family or friends in the household.
- You must be able to connect your IT equipment directly to the router/modem via Ethernet cable, you cannot connect wirelessly.
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to connect with people at all levels (written and verbal).
- Driven by a desire to provide superior customer service.
- Preferred experience in an inbound Customer Service Associate role, in a BPO or a contact center supporting phone calls.
- A tertiary degree or diploma is beneficial.
- Inbound BPO or contact center experience supporting international customers, preferably in the US, UK, or Australia.
- Experience working the night shift.
- Capacity to function effectively in a high-pressure setting while maintaining a high standard of output quality.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Able to work overtime when the business requires it.
Please Note: As part of your application, you will be required to complete various assessments. These assessments can take up to 3 hours and are timed, so please start these assessments when you are ready and, in an environment, where you are able to focus on completing the assessment. The assessment is not compatible with a mobile device and is required to be completed on a laptop or desktop computer with a fast, stable internet connection.
Benefits at Amazon:
- Internet reimbursement up to a stipulated amount.
A Little About Us:
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
Although our business has evolved over the years, one constant is customers’ desire for lower prices, better selection, and convenient services. Today, Amazon shoppers can find what they’re looking for online and in person. From delivering fresh produce to their doorstep, to creating and distributing movies, music, and more, we are always finding new ways to delight our customers.
‘’Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.’’