About CS Recruiting: On the Amazon Customer Service High Volume Hiring Recruiting team, you’ll leverage innovative technology, programs, and processes as you deliver Earth’s best talent across the globe. You’ll be part of a team that meets hiring goals by using objective and inclusive recruiting practices to attract, engage, and assess candidates. Bring your growth mindset and be prepared to focus on continually upskilling and learning so we can best support each other and the business.
About the Role: We are looking for a talented High-Volume Hiring (HVH) Recruiter to help us find the best talent in the world to support our growth. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers. The ideal candidate will work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and support the mass/high volume hiring process for hourly Customer Service Associates (CSAs).
The HVH Recruiter is responsible for candidate talent search and placement, process improvement, and executing hiring strategies for CSA-level hiring, as well as other hiring programs. Recruiters at Amazon foster a collaborative team environment and a strong service-oriented culture that ensures the delivery of efficient, effective, quality-driven service to internal customers.
Key job responsibilities
• Owns execution of the end-to-end/full-cycle recruiting process for high volume hourly Customer Service Associate positions
• Owns sourcing activities to ensure a ready-to-hire pipeline at all times.
• Collaborates with other support areas to ensure hiring is effectively completed, taking care of candidate experience.
• Implements and enforces consistency with recruiting policies and procedures.
• Creates, posts, tracks, and unpost all the external requisitions for high-volume hiring positions.
• Coordinates and participates in recruiting programs and events, such as job fairs, university/technical school hiring, and other candidate engagement events. [May be country specific]
• Analyzes application and process data to identify market or operational trends and escalates any process issues.
• Reviews and processes candidate escalations as appropriate.
• Seeks for ideas, thinks out of the box, and actively looks for new approaches to improve candidate experience and candidate assessment.
• Ensures the quality of the process documentation for all the recruiting steps including creating and extending well-supported, documented offers to candidates.
• Creates a collaborative recruitment process, by keeping positive communications with peers, hiring managers, and interview loop members at all times.
• Lead/focus on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including planning events to showcase Amazon as an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
• 2+ years of recruiting/HR experience for high volume positions, including candidate sourcing, and/or hiring events and programs.
• Effective communication skills in both written and verbal with fluency in the English language (speak, read, write)
• Experience working with recruiting and people-related tools and systems, including applicant tracking systems, resume databases, and job portals.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge legal aspects of the hiring process
• Experience analyzing data to create and update area reports.
• Ability to identify and resolve issues independently, will take initiative – solid sense of accountability and sound personal judgment
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
• Recruiting experience in the Customer Service or Operations Industries
• Diversity Sourcing or Programs experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.